It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2003-12-31

New Years
A couple of people have asked me what plans I have this evening. I tell them "laundry" (with a visit from my old buddy Johnny Walker). I thought about it and I hope to wake up tomorrow and find there is no news about anything special. That is a sad statement. A good day is a slow news day recently. I don't remember a time in my life when people felt like this on mass. World War II movies seem to portray a home front feeling a bit like what I'm feeling now. I feel on edge and I check the news every fifteen minutes. I'm too paranoid. I must relax.
It is after lunch. Sidney and Japan have had their New Years celebration. They could just run them again at midnight for Houston and no one would notice the difference.
I'm listening to the
BBC Five Live. They just said another explosion has been heard in Baghdad. The comment was "That is typical these days. We hear this story every night from Baghdad." That too is a sad statement. It is true. There have been explosions in Baghdad every evening over the Christmas break.

No comments: