It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2003-08-23

Saturday Evening
Jen Rathuurn is playing this evening. I wish I could make the show. I've been a poor fan. It would be better if I were out among friends this evening. I feel much more alive today than the last couple of weeks. I think a concert among friends would have been just the ticket (so to speak). I'm trying to get some coding done. It isn't going very quickly. It never does. I have Futurama playing in the background. I will miss that show.

Crappie Hardware
Sylvia gave me one of those flexible indestructible keyboards. The trouble is, every fifth or sixth keystroke is doubled. In other words, I have to backup on most every word and delete some keystroke that got doubled by mistake. It isn't the speed I'm typing. I've tried fast and slow. They both cause the same trouble. This is enough to make the keyboard useless. My typing is bad enough without the keyboard doubling every fifth key in the process. I wander if I'm hitting multiple keys at the same time. It is dreadfully slow. Nothing works. Crap. The driver for the pad thing that comes on the laptop seems to override the mouse driver. This means I can't get the mouse to adjust to left handed use.
First the wireless router I bought doesn't work. It quits after a few minutes. Now the keyboard I intended to use for the laptop turns out to be a dud. The mouse won't work left handed. I think I should stay away from new hardware for a while. Did I loose a bet with God? I hope my code is less buggy than the hardware.

Migraine
This is about an hour after the above was typed. I figured out the keyboard. I normally type pretty fast and bounce my fingers as I type. This method doesn't work with the rubber keyboard. I have to mash each key specifically and make sure not to bounce.
Anyway, I figured out why I've been such a crab lately. I have a migraine. I've noticed the pattern before. I'm a grump for about a week and then I'm a happy guy for a day. Then, I have a migraine. It starts with a squiggle in my field of vision. It isn't a blurry spot, it is a place where the brightness is messed up. When the squiggle is on the left, the right side of my head hurts. When the squiggle is on the right, the left side of my head hurts. I can take the pain. It is the nausea that stops me in my tracks. I've taken a hand full of aspirin and Tylenol so I should be OK. The squiggle is almost gone now. That is a good sign.

No comments: