It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2003-07-28

<written 2003-07-27 in the evening>
FEW (Geek disaster resolution)!!!

Sometimes I amaze even myself. I've restaged the Linux server and have most of the functionality up and running. That is no big deal, What amazes me is that I did it today. I had planned on not getting out of bed and just sleeping my sorrow away. I just couldn't leave it though. Something about a sick server calling to me “cough, Kelly .. wheeze help me. cough.” it is my purpose I think.
I still can't get SETI to run on startup. I'm taking baby steps.
<end 2003-07-27>

SETI works
I got Seti working. It turns out it was running, but God only knows where the temporary files were written in the interim. Seti at Home is neat. It is a truly Geek thing to do. If you leave your computer on all day anyway, it is worth setting up the Seti at home screen saver. I have a group called Slackers Incorporated.

Linux
My web server is RedHat Linux. I'm hearing more and more about other countries using linux instead of anything else for their people and super computers. Here are a bunch of slasdot articles to make you think.
China Building Linux-Based 10 Teraflop Supercomputer
2003: Year of Linux in Asia?
Why Linux Makes Sense for India
India's First Commercial Supercomputer Running Linux
All schools In Denmark switching to Linux

No comments: