It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2003-06-14

The Blank Page
If there were no deadlines nothing would ever be written. I'm watching a movie about a writer. First of all, I'm so damn sick of movies about movie makers that I could puke. The basic premiss of the movie is writer's block. This movie was written to break some one's writer's block. It is horrible. There is a sub-plot that goes into another writer's girlfriend being murdered in this writer's bed. blaw blaw. It should have never been put in front of a camera. ... a firing squad maybe. Well, look at that, it turns into a mass murderer flick. It doesn't help.
The one thing this show did have though was a sharp zoom onto a blank page in a typewriter. There is little that strikes fear in a creative person's heart than their chosen medium taunting them. I don't have to be a good writer to know the pain of staring at the blank page.

Past Blog
I wrote a little ditty about sitting on a deck and looking at the moon not too long ago. It's funny that the only response I got from that particular paragraph was a male buddy of mine who basically made fun of it. Thanks guy. Way to support the blog effort. The look on my face must have told him I was offended because he back-peddled. His attempt at recovery was “at least it was short”.

No comments: