It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2003-06-28

Bicycle accident
I forgot to mention that I was coming home from a friend's house this afternoon and the chain broke on my bike just as I was crossing Dairy Ashford (a busy street on Saturday afternoon). I'm poring on the coals and ker-snap. I almost racked myself (God loves me because the bar missed, but it still hurts a bit.) and was stuck out in the middle of the street with no chain, off balance, in that moment of shock when you are in pain, and traffic barring down on me. I managed not to get smooshed and staggered to the side of the road. I just stood there for a minute counting my blessings. I hadn't ridden that bike in a year. I had just checked the chain, tires, steering, breaks, and seat. You can't check a chain except by a stress test. I had an old bike a couple of years ago that failed under stress while crossing the road. The back wheel came off because the dopes at Academy hadn't tightened the bolts down enough. I was nearly killed. Thanks Mr. $5.25 an hour.

No comments: